Below are the steps required to get Zerotier setup on your OPNsense router to act as a network bridge between your Localnetwork and Clients with Zerotier client installed on remote networks.
In ZT network screen:
- Managed routes:
- An IP assigned to the ZT network for the range selected e.g. 10.10.10.0/24.
- For the device the service runs on (OpnSense) there is a destination for 192.168.1.1/24 to LAN of the ZT network IP range you’ve set e.g. 10.10.10.22.
- Activated for OpnSense appliance on 10.10.10.22 device above
- Activated for Mobile device on 10.10.10.23 managed
On the OpnSense appliance on 192.168.1.1:
- ZeroTier integration package installed.
- ZT interface enabled on static IP without IPv6.
- IPv4 address is assigned to the IP of the device in ZT 10.10.10.22.
- Upstream set to auto detect.
- Firewall Rules ZT
- Action: Pass
- Interface: ZT
- Direction: In
- TCP/IP: IPv4
- VPN Settings
- Enter your ZT network ID and enable